Professionals certified through the International Behavior Analysis Organization™ IBAs™ and IBTs™ will be held to high ethical standards in assessment, practice, and other interactions in the community. The IBAO’s™ International Professional Advisory Board will be creating Ethical and Practice Guidelines for certificants to ensure that services adhere to a values-based problem-solving model of conduct.
Specific references to be consulted will include:
- The Right to Effective Behavioral Treatment (1988) by Van Houten, et al.
- Ethical and Competent Practice in Applied Behavior Analysis: Perspective, Requirements, and Dilemmas (2020) by Ray Romancyk
- Ethics for Behavior Analysts: 2nd Expanded Edition 2nd Edition (2011) by Bailey and Burch
- Ethical Principals of Psychologists and Code of Conduct, American Psychological Association, 2002
- Professional and Ethical Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts, Behavior Analysis Certification Board (2014)
- Practical Ethics for Effective Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (2018) Brodhead, Cox, and Quigley